Saturday, August 29, 2009

Review: Nature Valley Nut Clusters


I was recently given the opportunity by My Blog Spark to sample the new line of snacks by Nature Valley: Nature Valley Nut Clusters.

Let me start by staying my husband is one of those guys that doesn't appreciate change. In any restaurant we visit, I can tell you what my husband will order, with no variations. It will either be a patty melt or a cheeseburger, no onions or mayo. Every so often he throws me a curve and will order ribs.

But he loves nuts and snacks. His routine is to come home from work and grab a bag of chips and a pop and unwind on the couch. He usually keeps a canister of nuts on his end table for snacking. Imagine my surprise to see an empty bag of Nature Valley Nut Clusters laying on the end table last week.

I assumed the kids and I would be sampling all four varieties: Roasted Cashew, Nut Lovers, Roasted Almond, and Honey Roasted Peanut. We got to try all except the Roasted Cashew...we got to sniff the empty bag, though. My husband said they were great and to buy them again. All of us agree: they're a great, crunchy snack that will satisfy your sweet & salty side all at once. My daughter asked me to pack her a sandwich bag of them for her lunch last week instead of cookies & chips.

I'm not a huge nut fan. I like nuts in brownies or cookies but, except cashews, I rarely eat nuts plain. I really enjoyed the Nature Valley Nut Lovers Nut Clusters, though. They had just the right amount of sweetness without making your teeth ache and just enough crunch that eating them wasn't a workout for your mouth.

I have to thank My Blog Spark for making them available to my family and introducing us to a great new snack we all enjoy.

Blog Search

0 comments: